Thread: What happened to my dead character's corpse?

What happened to my dead character's corpse?

Idk if this is a bug or not but this is the 2nd time i experienced it. Matrix died in the threx cave one time ans when me and bigg was leaving we didnt see his corpse, no bones or nothing,, i also know that some monsters are scavengers so i keep this in mind. But last night i took my smaller chr into the skyre prisoners room and died. I went back in there appx 12hrs later and there wasnt no trace of his corpse,, no bones no nothing. The way the prisnoner bounty was lastnight was i had to turn in the access bounty to get the key since i locked the door behind me. So is this a bug going on since there was no trace of me being there, did it disappear,, or is someone just pulling my leg?
    Last edited by Humyn; 01-31-2014 at 10:27 AM.

This is not a bug--once the corpse lock is released, it is free for looting (including by monsters), and the corpse will degrade in a matter of real-world hours, as will any items not claimed.

OK, that makes sense. So even if a monster is not around to pickup the spoils, the corpse will degrade & turn to dust.

Yea makes sense to me