Thread: Trouble installing Android App

Trouble installing Android App

I am using Samsung Note 3. I was having a problem downloading the latest update. I ended up uninstalling the app and am still not able to install the updated version. It appears to download, but an error notice appears in my notifications . I receive an error box when the dl appears to complete. The msg says Dusk failed to download please try again. There is also a link to suggestions to get the dl to work. None helped so here I am looking for help.

Have you tried downloading to a pc and copy to the phone over tether? Or maybe attach to an email?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorander View Post
    I am using Samsung Note 3. I was having a problem downloading the latest update. I ended up uninstalling the app and am still not able to install the updated version. It appears to download, but an error notice appears in my notifications . I receive an error box when the dl appears to complete. The msg says Dusk failed to download please try again. There is also a link to suggestions to get the dl to work. None helped so here I am looking for help.
    Hi Zor--are you installing from the Google Play store?

Yes sorry. This was all through the Google Play Store.

Mediating a dwnld thru a pc might work, but why would it be necessary? Just curious. What could a pc do that altered the app to make it more suitable? Could the phone have something going on, like a hinky security app?

Administrator
    The download should always work fine through Google Play.

Check how much free memory you have on your device. I recently experienced a similar error message... or lack of a message and it turned out that there wasn't enough free memory to install but the message was just a generic xxxx didn't download/install.

Chaos