Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dusk: Payment Ideas

Gems are a great way to add to making some money to further develop the game,monthly subscription is also another great way,adding new skins for character avatars would be nice,maybe obtainable with gems also. Possible xp potions maybe,also with gems. There are just so many possible ways to market certain things it's hard to guess what may or may not work. You could also charge a small fee for say each extra big content adds like these games from bungie on ps4 lol

Administrator
    pigpen:

I'll take a look and see if any of it could be adapted to Dusk.

Chaos

I haven't been checking in here for the last 6 months so someone please kindly message me the details for playing the game that is available now. I recently started a YouTube channel and I'm eager to start putting together gameplay videos. And to keep this reply within the parameters of the Forum I'll give you a dollar if you message me the details LOL

There are many games out there that are free to play however for revenue they offer bundles that offer special items equipment energy speed ups materials for crafting and build and so on. Prices start at 5.00 usd then 10.00 20.00 50.00 and 100.00 bundles. The more expensive the bundle the more of everything you receive. Im talking about trillions in resourcess speed ups and all that for the 50.00 and 100.00 bundles. Thousands in the 5.00 and 10.00 while millions in the 20.00. Also they have limited time specials of 50% 75% and 85% off the cost for said bundles. I played a vame such as this a couple of years ago called Game of War and i would buy bundles. I would limit myself to 20.00 a month and usually wait for those limited time specials. In games like that you have to buy bundles in order to be able to compete and hold your own. Even though the game was free when research and upgrading would take weeks months or even years without the use of speed ups it made the purchase of bundles essential. Usually thats also the time most people quit if they dont want to spend money for a free game. I ended up quiting game of war because it got ridiculous in the time it took to do research, build, upgrade, and even training troops. Millions or trillions in resources and days to complete. Yes the game did gift rss and speed ups and the game did make attempts to keep players playing however it seemed more like how many bundles can we get players to buy and how often. Personally i dont mind paying to play a game i enjoy. If gems is the way dusk goes, perhaps there could also be an option of weekly or monthly subscription of lets say 2.99 a week and 9.99 a month that would grant the player unlimited gems while subscription is active. I only suggest it because buying gems for someone who plays a few hrs a day every day or every other day vs someone who plays upwards of 5hrs a day every day can end up becoming costly especially to make potions and repaired gear immediately usable. Im sure that as of right now in testing i have used thousands of gems on pots and gear.
    SNR (Shut up N Rez) & SDK (SNR DeathKnights)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234