Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Features

Quote Originally Posted by =XaN= View Post
    I think it would also give those fighter type players the fix there looking for. Having 2 weqpons either on the same or on different timers would be sweet.. if that was done we would just have to find something to boost ranger type chqracters thn i think wed have some balanced class types
    with the exception of the healer class, which is exceptionally weak to all other classes. If the game progresses where the bigger bosses require a tank and a caster, maybe a few of these, then a healer will be necessary, particularly since monsters can now cast at angles and their attacks cannot be dodged. There will need to be a strong healer class with AOE heals. I feel the days of making and stacking pots are gone with the timers. At least the way we used to do it. Has anyone figured out yet how many items the ground will hold and how long the stack will last?

chaos any risk of losing gear if we die on a stack?

Kind of disagree rugby, the laying out of pots seems to be the way to take out big foes efficiency in this game. It beats the timer issue for pots, making the bulk of them free for use before the fight even starts. We are effectively dropping elders, dracs, balors, and lessers using this method right now. Tanks, healers, dps... kind of pointless most of these targets are not focused on one player and will switch without being "pulled" as with a lot of today's games. As to how long do pots stay on the ground, we are not usually having any problem laying out as much as 30 stacks of pots full to the ground and having pots left over after the monster is killed and recycling those left over pots into the next hunt. Yes, we have lost gear on piles of pots on the ground when we die on them, however it has been rare to die on piles if your a experienced hunter.

Rugby, you can put 24 items on the ground. The only reason you don't see a lot of left-over monsters drops topside is two-fold: 1. another player is picking up left-overs or 2. another monster is walking over drop and picking up an item from the pile. From what I can tell, drops either don't expire or they are picked up by someone or something else. Maybe when there are more people in the game we will discover that piles have an expiration time but for now, I have had pots on the ground for over 24 hours in Tor.

I spent a considerable amount of time in the orc caves near Byren hunting with my alt and there are lots of piles of loot there...

Administrator
    Rugby:

If the code is working correctly, items shouldn't be lost on the ground if you die, but there may still be some issues with the code.

Chaos

well having only been a week at it I am not big enough yet for the trip to tor, but I will take your word for it. I just have concern that the only tactic being deployed is brute force. i.e. make a S-ton of pots and take the hits. Not much strategy to that, but it works. what happens when we get an ancient lich that spams the entire screen with sequential hits of 70+. I think the stacks of pots will not help much. there was not really a healer class in D1 either, but I think the bosses were actually a bit easier than the hunts in tor.

Ill get up there soon. How much HP you recommend for a tor hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post

Ill get up there soon. How much HP you recommend for a tor hunt?
    In all Tor in been hit up to 140hp in fully repaired gear by dracs, less by elders, Wearing decent gear can go near 180+ depending on armor condition. Hurd others hit for more. I been up here for awhile with around 150hp and did just fine.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536