Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Armor / Weapon Condition

Administrator

Armor / Weapon Condition

Please use armor and weapons and report back the condition of them and roughly how long you had it, how much damage you did with the weapon and how much damage was done to your armor.

You can get a ballpark condition by clicking them in your inventory and making note of the condition bar in the popup info display.

I have put very rough numbers on them so far and will reconcile them to be better as we accumulate more data.

Chaos

Should bows be receiving damage? Mine have gone down to about 90% twice. (About same rate as armor)
    {Players With Honor} and {Warriors With Integrity}

Administrator
    shrk:

Yes, constant use of the bow will lower its condition.

Chaos

Ok. Weapons are definitely deteriorating quickly. I had my Elfish Short Sword repaired. Went out, killed one bear, and went to have it repaired again. 81 gold, just for the sword. Bears don't drop that good. We would have to carry extra weapons on Tor or Rak runs.
    {Players With Honor} and {Warriors With Integrity}

Weapon and Armor Repair:

I attacked goblin peons, scouts, and warriors with the following gear with repair cost shown after killing about 36 goblins:
    Boiled Leather Armor 1 Gold
    Steel Helm 4 Gold
    Long Bow 19 Gold
    The gear started out at 100%. I killed about 36 of these goblins using long bow for about 2/3 of the attacks and offensive spells about 1/3 of the time. For about 2/3 of the kills, I was taking damage, the other 1/3 didn't get any attacks on my character since I was attacking at range. I would typically do 5 or 6 dmg with the long bow and would receive 2 - 5 dmg. The peons and warrriors used melee weapons while the scouts used ranged weapons. I think the repair cost for the long bow is about right. The repair cost for the boiled leather armor seems quite low.

Administrator
    Roland:

What did the green condition bars on the items in your inventory look like ? Probably mostly green ?

Chaos

Yes, the condition bars on the gear showed more than 95% green.

Weapon and Armor Repair:

I went to the goblin cave with the following gear with repair cost shown. Gear started out at 100%:

Hero's Studded Leather Armor: 32 Gold Estimated condition from green bar: 97%
    Steel Helm: 21 Gold Estimated condition from green bar: 92%
    Long Bow: 55 Gold Estimated condition from green bar: 86%

I came up with the condition estimates by taking a picture of the gear and then importing it into Open Office Writer. I used the ruler to measure distance.
    Last edited by Roland; 05-27-2018 at 09:25 AM.

I agree with Roland, some repairs are very very expensive expensive.JPG 447 gold for about 10% damage?

Administrator
    Ok, there are 2 things in play here:

Are things degrading at a reasonable rate ? Most things look like they've lost 10-15% effectiveness which seems ok. It's not like they take 2 hits and are at 50%.

Second, currently repairs are done based on the cost of the item, this may or may not change when using the shops. Elven robes aren't exactly cheap to buy so repairs won't be cheap.

This may have to change, but when you can repair yourself with blacksmith skill or a spell, it might be ok.

Chaos

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast