Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutions (Undead / Lich)

Administrator

Evolutions (Undead / Lich)

I'm going to start working on the game evolutions. Please let me know what parts of undead/lich you liked and didn't like and any ideas you have.

If you have ideas for other evolutions, please share.

I plan to make it a combination of Shade and Dusk. There are aspects of Dusk that make it impossible to do it the same way as the game engine and some of the more complicated features don't exist in this new game.

Things that will probably be used:

Undead:

- Decay clouds
    - Dead, so no HP / Mana auto restore
    - Can use spells but hard because of no auto mana restore.
    ????

Lich:

- Phylactery
    - Lower cost spells
    ????

I've forgotten some of the details from Shade and Dusk so I'll dig back through but feedback will be helpful to expand these and other possible evolutions.

Chaos

Like to see...

Faster weapon attacking for undead..... Perhaps a advance class type at higher levels? (Wrath class)?
    Faster mana regeneration for lich.....

Necromancer evolution seemed to be weak compared to the other 2. Perhaps make it a support class exclusively for undead? Unique ability to make a dead character (lich,undead) faster, stronger, give a necromancer a life leech type attack? make it similar to a dark cleric but with spells that evolved as the character levels up? Or keep it weak to advance to a different undead type at higher levels? New undead class perhaps?

Lich was overpowered in dusk. Give it a weakness or all shade is gonna be is a sandbox full of liches.

More transformation into something other than just a lich, undead, and necromancer. Would like to see other classes as well...

Elfs?- unique town access in tree, make it a flip of the coin to necromancer ideas? Exclusive support character the living non-monster type (mortal, elf). Advantage with range attacks? Unique spells or attacks? Weaker health or armor disadvantages. Or leave it a weaker class to evolve into a different elf class at higher levels? (Elf Assasin and/or high elf caster)?

Monster class?

Orruks? Unique town access. Stronger but slower attack speed? Increased heath yet decreased mana? Exclusive type attack (multiple targets)?

Goblin? Unique support class to monster type (orruk, goblin, golum). Exclusive town access. Improved mana at a cost to health.

Golums? Exclusive town access. No mana. Improved armor and toughness? Improved health, self healing attack. Slower attack speeds. Improved attack at higher levels. No weapon use?

Each with unique qualitys and weaknesses. Could leave certain classes such as monster type weaker due to a addition transformation to different monster type at higher levels or new monster type (dragon hybrids)?

Also like to keep it a mystery as to how to advance to these new or higher type classes. A air of mystery or legend behind it all. Let players discover it in time by performing unknown acts or accidently discoverys. Don't make any path easy to obtain.
    Last edited by enrage; 06-15-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Or go so far as to make the monster class nothing special at first. Make it a learning class, as in it aquires attacks, spells, or defense from the monsters it learns from?

This is what I would like to see for UNDEAD:
    Decay cloud (larger causes more HP damage)
    Need attainable items to counter this, but should be a "rare drop"
    Agree on no HP/ mana recovery

ADD faster attack speed
    ADD faster movement speed

This is what I would like to see for LICH:
    Phylactery
    Lower cost spells

ADD faster mana recovery? (unless the reduction in lower cost spells is meant to address this?)
    ADD lower HP total?
    ADD HP damage over time like UNDEAD?

*I agree with RAGE, you need something to counter the massive advantage of being a LICH in DUSK, otherwise most will become Liches
    Also, I do not think it must be an evolution to UNDEAD to become LICH (like it was in Shade).

Will there be an option for a NECROMANCER evolution?

If so, this should include the following:
    Increased Mana recovery (especially if you don’t include this for Lich)
    Ability to control Undead monsters
    Ability to create Undead monsters

I think there is a big difference between RACES and EVOLUTIONS

If RACES will be allowed, I think that adjustments should happen at character creation & the benefits/ costs need to be spelled out there.

ADDITIONAL EVOLUTIONS (that I would like to see):
    VAMPIRE:
    Reduced damage from physical attacks
    Increased damage from fire/ light based attacks
    HP damage over time during the day (if there will be Day/ Night cycles)
    Able to attack by biting & draining HPs from a target (like a natural Drain Life spell but causing more damage)
    Increased movement speed (flying?) Ability to transform into a bat? (would have other consequences like no weapons/ armor or storage space while a bat)

WEREWOLF:
    Reduced damage from physical attacks
    Increased damage from fire attacks/ silver weapons
    Ability to transform into a WOLF:
    Increased movement speed and attack speed as a WOLF
    Native attacks to be able to bite/ claw as a WOLF
    Increased AC as a WOLF (no weapons, no armor & limited storage?)
    Maybe tie this to time cycles (if possible)…can have transformation be uncontrollable for a certain period of time, until the player has logged enough time as a WOLF to get control of this. Always have it happen when there is a full moon cycle?

SPECIALIZATIONS:
    RANGER/ ARCHER – Bonuses for ranged attacks in terms of accuracy & damage. Penalties for wearing metal armors
    WIZARD – Slightly better mana recovery and/ or mana use for spells. Penalties for wearing all but cloth armors
    CREATOR – Magic-based ability to create different types of Golems made of different materials (cloth, leather, metal, rocks, glass). Requires special spells.
    BERZERKER – Ability to go into a berserker state to cause more damage/ increased accuracy for melee attacks (time limited). Temp boost to AC and HPs.

Administrator
    Matrix / Enrage:

Good thoughts, sorry forgot about necromancer, yes, it is likely the third evo to be added.

There is a big difference in how I like to approach characters. As Matrix says, there is a big difference between races and evolutions. Races are historically much more restrictive. Mages only casts spells, fighters only fight etc.

I'm not a fan of this at all. I like having a character that I can mold based on what I do. I like being able to change my character at any time into something different. I start as a fighter and see a mage and go that would be cool. I don't want to have to throw away what I've already done and start over.

This has always been to core of Shade and Dusk and won't change. So, don't expect orc, goblins, elves etc.

Evolutions are meant to be hard to attain variations of open characters. Still able to do a variety of things but with a plus/minus.

So far, the lich/undead ideas are very much in what I was thinking and I'm starting to work on them and you should see them starting to show up in one of the next updates.

Necros are likely, just have to work out a simplified system for them.

A hybrid night creature (vampire) style is something that has been in the works for quite a while and will likely show up as well. Shade was heading down that path with the hint towards Stalkers.

With a day/night cycle, an evolution that thrives at night but must stay underground during the day is where it is heading.

Keep the ideas coming.

Chaos

I love that when we start at creating a char we DO NOT have to choose a path, we all start mortal, learn, watch, grow and then can decide if we want to take a separate path if we don't want to stay as a (superbly awesome) mortal.

Ok... so if not monsters class in general how about a characters that uses skills it aquires from the beast we fight in shade? Example.... If at some point I want to learn to hurdle boulder at my opponents, I would go hunt demon balors until the game decided I learned the attack. Or... If I want to spewl boiling acid I would hunt lesser dragons till I develop the skill. This evolution would learn a small series of skills from other monsters that may start out weaker than the initial skill and devolp that skill to become stronger over time. Could call it a "Mimic" evolution that learns attacks from the monsters it hunts, such a evolution could prove to be useful.

id really like to see "sub-classes" for mortals. like...

---Class:Mortal---

sub-class: Berserker +5 to STR, -2 INT possibility to dual-wield one handed weapons and attacks faster while doing so, A block action that other classes don't have.

Cleric +5 INT -3 STR, a few custom healing spells that other classes don't have or cant use like stronger healing spells or ones that use less mana. slight increase in mana regen

Mage +6 INT -2 STR -2 DEX, some custom attack spells and custom spell that allows him to teleport to a random location on screen to avoid a tight spot, faster mana regen then cleric,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    something like that.. would give us more of a customized "play-style"

Administrator
    Basic version of Undead is now implemented.

Working on Lich.

What was broken with Dusk Lich ?

Did we like the filling of the phylactery and then dying to become a Lich ?

Chaos

I stood next to Matrix (he went undead) and my damage report only said '1 decay cloud decay cloud' nothing about who is causing damage. He said his messages identified who was being damaged by his decay cloud.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast