Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates

Thank you. Here is to hoping I don't have to use the corpse screen ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Rugby:

I won't go into specific details of how armor works, but that was one of the legacy problems with Shade.

Because of the way the core game was created, the max armor strength has a cap that can't be raised without breaking the entire game.

That's where durability comes into play. Adding degrading (HP) to armor allows for creating armor that lasts longer before it needs to be repaired.

That's where you will see most of the better armor being better than other armor. It will be able to take more damage and still prevent large amounts of damage for longer.

I hope that makes some sense.

Chaos
    I was wondering if you could lower all the monster attacks by 20% and then lowered the gear by the same the same. Was thinking that would give you the ability to make stronger gear for future updates. You might be achieving the same goal with the extra gear slots though. It's always good to know we have new gear to hunt. PS I'm looking for the Nimble Mail any hints where I can get it?

Thanks
    G

Administrator
    Gambit:

Gear that doesn't require repairs as often is one way to get better armor. Weapons will also last longer and as monster get bigger, there is no cap for how much damage they can do.

I could lower everything, but it ends up in the same broken place at some point.

I'm looking at other things as well, having enchantments that give buffs on weapons and armor is one way armor can get better.

Chaos

Administrator
    Version .8.8.3.a is now live.

- Fixes timeout and relogin issues

Chaos

We found the legs! legs.JPG

Grats.on the find.

Administrator
    I will be away for a few days starting tomorrow. As always, the game will be monitored and I will check in periodically.

Once I return, I will be moving forward full speed on new game features and the next Event.

Chaos

I have to say that I find the latest version to be very laggy.
    It’s especially bad when casting spells and trying to access and use anything in the backpack.

Yes, it's laggy for me too on PC and have heard from others having the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I will be away for a few days starting tomorrow. As always, the game will be monitored and I will check in periodically.

Once I return, I will be moving forward full speed on new game features and the next Event.

Chaos
    Well, it's been 6 days since we lost the High Acolyte into the walls ... it hasn't returned, the Stalker acolytes last dropped screamers and legs before we made attempt on High Acolyte, stalkers have stopped respawning outside of stalker area (it's actually been quite nice, lol) and we haven't seen hide nor hair of any kind of Admin ... Ya'll coming back?

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast