Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Town Portal

Administrator

Town Portal

I'm looking at adding a Port to Town feature when you're in the World.

This has been discussed before and although I'm not a big fan of adding an easy button to the game, it will likely be added.

Part of an RPG is the adventure, fighting your way to and then killing a Boss is only part of the battle, fighting your way out with the Loot should also be part of the adventure.

In the case that you get lost in the world or are just lazy, the ability to teleport back to a safe place is probably necessary.

This will be a Gem feature and probably be priced based on the level of your character.

Looking for feedback on what would be a reasonable fee for this feature.

Chaos

In Shade it cost 10 gold for every level to teleport back to last town visited. How about 10 gems per level? If level 10 then it would be 100 gems to port back.

How would a compromise of Town portals be? Towns and or areas would have portals. Once stepped on they could be your way back to town. They would only work one way. They would send you back to your home town for a fee.

Good way to keep gems a factor,I'm in agreeance with chaos the excitement in old school rpgs and mmo games alike was making it to that one boss using all your resources and getting out alive,but it has been wanted by a lot of the player base so I'm down for whatever,and having it be paid with for gems keeps that aspect in play.

I would rather see it be a daily cool down with a gem feature if it's used more often that may go up each time it's used and has a rolling reset. Meaning if you used it 5x in one day that 5th time it could cost 500 gems or maybe more.... Create a decent cost for using it more regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
    In Shade it cost 10 gold for every level to teleport back to last town visited. How about 10 gems per level? If level 10 then it would be 100 gems to port back.
    I'm not a fan of the teleport idea.

If this feature is added, this feature should definitely use GEMS.
    If you're interested in getting more people to buy/ use GEMS I think the 10 per level makes sense.

If you want to give players a bit more of a "pause" before using this feature, maybe 20-25 GEMS per level would be better....
    Last edited by *MATRIX*; 01-18-2019 at 04:39 PM.

100% disagree for a teleport option. The game is already so easy. . . But I didn't teleport I truly believe you're making easy on people. I mean you already have people all the way up in old tor Geared up killing what else is there left to do besides build your character now? If you have money to buy gems you'll already get your gear back whether you summom it or teleport there when you die via corpse option... if you decide to add that option I think it should cost almost just as much as when you die to teleport. 1000 gems. If the lazy people really want to teleport bill pay to do it. Yeah, I really don't mind getting stuck in fighting my way out. It's part of the fun. With auto attack everything in the game is so lazy no real work has to be done.

There is another option. You could have tele-tokens that are dropped only by rare monsters that would also require GEMS to use and the drop itself could be a "rare".
    So, have one "Golden Gnome" that spawns in a random spot in the game & just wonders around and the player that kills it has a 1:100 chance of getting a tele-token as the drop.
    You can tell that I've killed off more than my fair share of brain cells.....

As with all things easy, make the price unreasonable. Give one free one, then 500-1000 gems in my opinion... make people save it for that emergency moment ... like a kitchen catching on fire (don't ask, long story), or racing to the toilet after that 12 pack of white castles sliders...
    Last edited by enrage; 01-18-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Lol rage yea that is an emergency situation for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast